THINGS TO DO
The Veranda is one block from historic Senoia’s Main Street where you’ll find the famous Holberg Furniture Store, Buggy Museum (open seasonal or by appointment), Senoia Area Historical Society Museum (open Friday and Saturdays, 1-4pm, five blocks from Main), antique shops, fudge shop and ice cream shop, Cutie Pies Cakery, filming props and sets, Walking Dead store, variety shops, bike shop, medical offices, clothing boutiques, home decor boutiques, ten restaurants, a coffee shop, historic driving tour (Senoia has over 113 sites on the National Historic Register), and nearby golf, small historic towns, oldest covered bridge in Georgia, Calloway Gardens, President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s Little White House, the Atlanta Motor Speedway, and AMC Movie Studios where Fried Green Tomatoes, The War, and others were filmed. They are presently filming the Walking Dead TV series. There are several bus and walking tours for the Walking Dead available. You’ll also enjoy Senoia’s two parks and beautiful library and historic homes.
You can rent a golf cart by calling 404-518-1993, Encompass Mobility Rentals.
The Veranda is 45 miles south of Atlanta and 35 miles south of the Atlanta Airport.
1. Stay at The Veranda while you see The Walking Dead filming; and take various tours, both walking and bus tours. Georgia Tour Company, 770-599-0091; Senoia Historical Golf Cart Tour, 770-502-5264. Rent your own golf cart, 770-727-9095. You can Google all these from their websites.
2. Purchase a Gift Certificate for an overnight stay at The Veranda Inn for a special gift to give.
3. Stay at The Veranda while you visit all the shops, restaurants, and beautiful homes and buildings in Senoia. Over a 113 buildings and homes on the National Historic Register. Be sure and visit the Senoia Area Historical Society’s History Museum, www.senoiaareahistoricalsociety.org .
4. Reserve your room now for a relaxing getaway at The Veranda and the quaint town of Senoia, Georgia, with its lovely shops, boutiques and restaurants. Most shops are open Tuesday through Saturday.
5. Guests can enjoy food and drink at any one of our fine downtown eateries listed on the www.enjoysenoia.com website: Hilary Bistro, Maguire’s Irish Pub, Katie Lou’s Café, Matt’s Small Town Pizza, Senoia Coffee Company and Cafe, Nick and Norm’s Restaurant, The Fudge and Ice Cream Shop, Cutie Pies Cupcake Cafe, Feugo Mar Mexican (Two other Mexican Restaurants outside of town), Jacob’s Corner Cafe, Snowball Shop, McMaster BBQ, Curious Kitchhen, Lisa’s Creperie and Cafe, Geaux Dawgs; all within walking distance of the Inn.